5 Benefits of Rhinoplasty
What is Rhinoplasty?
Every year, thousands of patients choose to have a rhinoplasty procedure completed. This is an outpatient procedure. There are different kinds of rhinoplasty procedures, but they all reshape the nose in some way. Depending on the reason for the procedure and types of nose surgery, your doctor may focus on some areas of the nose more than others. To alter the tip of the nose they will choose to go with a “closed” or “open” approach. Minor changes would be done with a closed approach. For more modern plastic surgeons, an open approach may be done to achieve more extreme results.
Who Can Have it Done?
Almost anyone without serious or unique health problems may be eligible to receive the rhinoplasty procedure.The reasons for a rhinoplasty surgery can vary for all patients. Some patients are having the procedure performed for cosmetic reasons, while others are struggling to breathe through their nose. When visiting a doctor to learn more about the benefits of rhinoplasty, they will ensure that you are a candidate for the procedure and discuss your exact needs.
The Benefits of Rhinoplasty:
Patients will be able to see a variety of different benefits following their rhinoplasty procedure. The benefits of rhinoplasty may include, but are not limited to:
- Breathing with ease - Many patients seek a rhinoplasty because they have been stuck with breathing issues for years. These patients have tried breathing strips, nasal sprays, and much more but still struggle. Rhinoplasty can help direct the air properly through your nose. Many patients pursuing rhinoplasty for cosmetic reasons will find that their breathing improves as well.
- Added Confidence - Many patients have thought about rhinoplasty for years before they receive it. They do not like the appearance of their nose and want to feel great everyday. Rhinoplasty has been able to give thousands of patients the extra confidence that they need.
- Helps with Sinusitis - Millions of people have sinusitis. Rhinoplasty has been known to relieve congestion, sinus headaches, and more for many that have had the procedure.
- Snoring - Some snoring may be caused by a deviated septum. In the event that it is, rhinoplasty and deviated septum surgery may be helpful in reducing a patient's snoring. Snoring is more than just a serious health issue, it can put great strain on relationships as well.
- Aide in Appearance - A large group of patients seek rhinoplasty for cosmetic reasons. The procedure is known to reshape the nose in a more attractive manner.
These are just a few of the benefits of rhinoplasty.
If you have been considering having rhinoplasty performed, it may be time to schedule an appointment. Whether you are struggling with sinus issues, trouble breathing, snoring, or are just looking to have a cosmetic procedure done - rhinoplasty may be the choice for you. At Ascentist Aesthetics and Facial Plastics, we specialize in transformative results. This surgery can be complex, and should be done by someone with extensive experience and care. Dr. Markey is the expert that can assist you in all of your facial needs and wants.